Owner Occupied Rehab
The goal of the Housing Authority Owner Occupied Program is to remove issues of substandard heating systems and water heaters;
- that is not due to the fault of the applicant;
- that impedes or threatens the safety of the household;
- in which the household is not able to resolve the substandard heating system and water heater with their own funds;
- Applicants must live in the seven-county service area.
- Applicants must be a Sault Tribe Member.
- Applicant must provide legal ownership/documentation to home seeking service.
- Applicant must meet current income guidelines for the program.
- Must satisfy application process and be selected for service.
- Must demonstrate a need based on an emergency situation.
- Funds will be distributed directly to subcontracted vendors providing services.
- Assistance cannot exceed $6,500 per household.
- This is a once in a lifetime grant assistance program.
- All determinations shall be final and are not subject to appeal.
For more information regarding this program, please call the Homeownership Department.