Down Payment Assistance
The DPA program is available to qualifying low-income Tribal members who wish to purchase their first home. The program provides financial assistance to first-time homebuyers to help with down payment and closing costs if they meet all of the program requirements.
Funding for this program is limited. The DPA program is open year-round, until funds are exhausted. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. You must provide all the requested information and submit a complete application. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed. A list of qualified eligible applicants will be maintained based on an approved point system.
*In order to receive funds, you must fulfill all program requirements. *
The following list contains some of the qualifications for the Down Payment Assistance Program.
- May receive up to $9,500.
- Must be a Sault Tribe member.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must live in 7 county service area.
- Must be first time homebuyer.
- Must make at least $25,000 per year.
- Must qualify for a mortgage at local lender.
- Must be within income limits.
- Must pay $500 of own cash towards closing costs and/or down payment.
For More information regarding this program, please call the Homeownership Department.