Homeowners Assistance Fund (HAF)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Income eligible, members of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians and households who own their homes within the seven-county service area may apply for assistance. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and have an adjusted gross income at or below 150% of area median or 100% of the United States median income guidelines.
For All applicants you must submit the following:
- Copy of Warranty Deed (Applicant name must be on the deed) OR lot lease if on Trust Land
- Tribal Verification of applicant or minor children (Tribal ID)
- Income Verification Documentation
- Signed Release of Information Form
- Self-Certification (Attestation) – Financial Hardship
- Primary Residency Attestation
- Complete HAF Application
Submit the following documentation if applicable:
- Documents showing current Mortgage amount, past due amounts (if any) and interest/penalties accrued or foreclosure notice.
- Delinquent property tax statement with amount due after January 21, 2020, but not yet paid.
- Homeowners insurance/flood insurance (if applicable) statement (Applicant’s name must be on billing statement)
- Statement for Homeowner/condo association fee
- Documents showing Utility Costs Arrears and interest/penalties accrued.
- Current Utility bills showing current Utility Costs due (Entire Bill)
- Documents showing other housing expenses related to COVID-19 for which payments are due.
- Copy of mortgage statement
All required documents must be attached in order to be considered for assistance. Please send application with supporting documents to the address below or submit to the email below.
For more information or to make application contact:
Sault Tribe Housing Authority
Kincheloe, Michigan 49752
(906) 495-1450 or 1-800-794-4072
Or email HomeownerAssistanceFund@saulttribe.net
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
HAF Application and Supporting Documents6 documents
- Release of Information Authorization for Release of Information
- Homeowner's Assistance Fund Application Application to apply for the Homeowner's Assistance Fund.
- Financial Hardship Attestation Document to use when showing Financial Hardship
- Income Attesation This is only used to attest to having no income, or if you get paid in cash and cannot prove income.
- Primary Residency Attestation.pdf Attestation for Primary Residence
- Mortgage Payment Assistance Continued Financial Hardship. Attestation to declare a continued financial hardship for Mortgage Payment Assistance.